Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Texas, Continued.

Wow. Another really, really tough day. My bike was still out of commission but Ethan kindly let me borrow his. I’ve been a bit spoiled – my bike and I have become One as of late and every time I hop on her I am strangely reminded of butta’. (This comparison is both very accurate and very difficult to explain. It’s a good thing though!) Getting used to a new set up was pretty tough and a bit hard on my knees, but I had a great time nonetheless!

Again, a beautiful ride. I’ve never seen a sky this…big. There are no trees out here, just sky and field. I even spotted some antelope, a giant tarantula, and a HUGE toad. It’s like National Geographic out here. The ride was tough again, too – we had some strong headwinds and false flats (or very gradual climbs) all day. However, our second lunch was at Dairy Queen where they let us order all the food and shakes we could hold, on the house! I can’t remember the last time I was so thrilled.

New Mexico tomorrow – what an adventure!


Lace 








No comments:

Post a Comment